[josm-dev] OSC format for offering proposed changes

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Thu Feb 26 05:28:47 UTC 2015

n Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 5:50 PM, Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> wrote:

> The first two downsides you mention, invisible deletes and ignored
> changeset tags, are not specific to the TODO plugin, or are they? I mean,
> making deletes visible (through a toggle switch perhaps) and supporting
> changeset tags in the JOSM XML format is something that could be added to
> JOSM core? I think this may be useful.

Because a deleted node is deleted, it can't be selected, so can't be added
to the TODO plugin list.
--
The <changeset> tag is already supported in the OSM XML format... it's just
not processed by the JOSM core.

--
Don't discount the third downside.  If you have a mixture of nodes ways and
areas, the third issue really bites.  You "select all"

The dream TODO plugin for me would walk through in proximity order:
a) New objects
b) Modified objects
c) Deleted objects
d) Unmodified objects
With the plugin jumping to the next nearest object at each step ( a
proximity search ).