[josm-dev] OSC format for offering proposed changes

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Thu Feb 26 01:50:47 UTC 2015

The first two downsides you mention, invisible deletes and ignored
changeset tags, are not specific to the TODO plugin, or are they? I mean,
making deletes visible (through a toggle switch perhaps) and supporting
changeset tags in the JOSM XML format is something that could be added to
JOSM core? I think this may be useful.

Martijn

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 6:32 PM, Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com> wrote:

> I use JOSM XML for this all the time.
>
> I'm able build a file representing add/update/delete operations.
> It works well with the "TODO" plugin.
> It's all pretty smooth.
>
> Downsides:
> * The delete operation is a bit invisible: deleted notes only show up at
> upload time.
> * Changeset tags in the file are ignored, so I can't pre-set the tags used
> for any eventual upload.
> * If the file has ways, the TODO plugin is hard to use.  It ends up
> stepping you through each node of the way, which gets tedious.  The
> workaround is to search for any tag, then step through only things that
> have tags.
>

> On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 1:48 PM, Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> wrote:
>
>> Hey JOSM-dev,
>>
>> I am curious what JOSMs capabilities are with regard to reading OSC files.
>> I tried a few OSC files and they seem to read in correctly, but I am not
>> sure how useful they are for a use case where you would want to offer a
>> small file with proposed changes to OSM. Say I have a set of changes that
>> consist of a mix of new tags to existing objects, changed ways / nodes,
>> added ways / nodes, removed ways / nodes. I want to give this file to
>> someone to load in JOSM and review + upload if they think the data is
>> good.
>> Would JOSM XML be a better choice for this?
>>
>> Thanks for your help,
>> --
>> Martijn van Exel
>> skype: mvexel