[josm-dev] Difference in geotagged icons between camera and 'phone?

Holger Mappt holgerosm at gmx.net
Tue Sep 15 20:08:01 UTC 2015

On 2015-09-14 at 10:18 +0200 Bob Hawkins wrote:
> I had tried ‘Show thumbnails’ and, indeed, I see now that the image
> next to it actually illustrates a camera and a landscape with two red
> rotating arrows.  Nothing changes, however, when I select that
> option.  One further point: I have seen two types of camera image; on
> occasions, one is black and white only, another has a transparent red
> layer on top.

Hi Bob,

If you correlate images with a GPX track there is a checkbox in the
correlation form to show thumbnails on the map.  I guess this is how you
got the thumbnails in earlier times.  Now there is that additional
thumbnail toggle option in the image layer menu.  I checked that
functionality and found an image where it does not work, see ticket
11867 (https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/11867).  Do you have a way
to check if your images have the EXIF orientation field set, e.g. with
exiftool (look for Orientation)?  Or add one of your images to the ticket.

If the camera icon has the transparent red layer on top then it is
selected.  The same applies to the thumbnails.

Holger