[josm-dev] DNS timeout/fail on startup

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Sat Jan 2 16:55:44 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2 Jan 2016, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> Just let the very first DNS request for josm.openstreetmap.org
> fail/timeout - You get a popup "Network errors occured"
> and "Change proxy setting". This is abolute nonesense. I dont
> use any proxy - A simple DNS query failed - Thats life. I might
> even be offline - that would be perfectly allright.

That's the standard dialog, as most issues are proxy settings.
Improvements to the wording are always welcome.

> I could use josm afterwards pressing cancel on the "Change proxy
> settings" but i have situation where this does not work and
> i cant up-/download data.

Either report a bug describing an issue or stop complaining about JOSM
problems. You seem to have an instable network connection, but that's not
our fault. It's not JOSM's task to fix your network.