Question on pausing other activities while downloading data

Darya Golovko darya0705 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 21:50:31 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am trying to do the following (in the pt_assistant plugin):

1) User pushes a button to work on a relation
2) Incomplete relation members are downloaded.
3) After the download is complete, manipulations on the relation start.

To download the members, I use:

List<PrimitiveId> list = new ArrayList<>(1);
list.add(myRelation);
DownloadPrimitiveAction.processItems(false, list, false, true);

Instead, this happens:
1) User pushes the button
2) Manipulations on the relation start before the data is downloaded (and
end up in incorrect behavior)
3) The download of incomplete members finishes.

How do I pause any manipulations on the relation until the download
finishes? I would be grateful for any tips!

Cheers,
Darya