OSM-SVN shut down, JOSM copy takes over

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Sun Aug 16 18:21:41 UTC 2020

Hello,

the OSM SVN is shut down. Currently it is read-only.

We have a copy of the JOSM and JMapViewer parts on JOSM server now:

https://josm.openstreetmap.de/osmsvn/

This copy will be be used from now on for further development. Maybe in
future that will become Git (or not, who knows...).

Write access is currently possible for all JOSM-SVN users. Others please
use the JOSM wiki to submit patches. I didn't decide yet if it will stay
this way, for the moment it's simply easier :-)

See also
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Source code
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/DevelopersGuide/DevelopingPlugins

With "svn relocate" it's possible to switch an existing working copy to
the new URL without a full re-checkout.

Ciao