[OSM-legal-talk] Licensing

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Thu Jul 6 15:10:52 BST 2006

When you create an account on OSM  the web page has the following text on
it:

"Fill in the form, we'll send you an email to confirm you're you and
activate your account.

By creating an account, you agree that all work uploaded to
openstreetmap.org and all data created by use of any tools on
openstreetmap.org is to be licensed under this Creative Commons license."

It might be an idea if this text was replicated on the www.openstreetmap.org
login page as well, so people were reminded of it each time they came to
edit.

I know this won't help if anyone uses JOSM or osmedit2, but at least its
something.. I guess we could suggest to Imi and NickW  that a similar notice
was included prior to uploading data to OSM?

David