[OSM-legal-talk] Re: [OSM-talk] Map markings

Tue May 30 10:57:29 BST 2006

Quoting David Sheldon <dave at earth.li>:

> Now there is the problem that you allude to later that they need to give
> the original "author" credit. This could be a big problem for OSM. Even
> a map of oxford probably has a good 15 contributors, and I don't see any
> of them listed on the website when it shows you a map. In a way this is
> a good thing as people keep mentioning the privacy implications of
> attributing nodes to people.

I'd suggest simply

(c) 2006 OpenStreetMap contributors
www.openstreetmap.org

plus the appropriate CC stuff. The contributors are either listed at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Special:Listusers, or we could
generate a special page from the db users table.

Suggest follow-ups go to legal-talk.

Richard