[OSM-legal-talk] Fwd: Re: [OSM-talk] OSM layer into Adobe Illustrator?

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Tue Feb 27 18:33:15 GMT 2007

Frederik Ramm wrote:

> I have protested that notion in the past and will again. Making
> something PD does *not* remove freedom. It is pure demagogy to insist it
> does.

It doesn't remove freedom, it allows freedom to be removed. I don't mean
that the original work can be made unfree, but that it can be made
unfree in any instance where it is incorporated into another work. That
isn't demagogery, it's something that happens.

If one regards PD as more "free" than BY-SA, then OSM is an example of
this happening. ;-)

- Rob.