[OSM-legal-talk] License for Press, PR & marketing WAS [OSM-talk] OSM layer into Adobe Illustrator?

Kristian Thy thy at 42.dk
Tue Feb 27 22:35:55 GMT 2007

On Tue, Feb 27, Rob Myers wrote:
> Kristian Thy wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 27, rob at robmyers.org wrote:
> >> This is a real non-problem though. If a way can be found of cramming 500 names
> >> onto a map, this will be reasonable and so there is no problem. If it cannot
> >> then it is not and so there still is not. ;-)
> >
> > Then why not skip the attribution part?
>
> Because if you do and there is a reasonable way of attributing then you
> will be in trouble.

I was being too terse. I meant to say:

Since you cannot give the attribution to the contributors in any
situation I can think of, why not remove it *from the license*? Go
CC-SA.

If your answer is "then people can use OSM data without attributing the
OSM project, I have three words for you:

Pot.

Kettle.

Very dark gray.

\\kristian