[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] Survey: How to pay the OSM bill

Thu Jul 12 10:07:23 BST 2007

Robert (Jamie) Munro wrote:

> Yes, sorry, I was getting a bit confused. I was thinking OSM had a CC
> non-commercial license. I still think people might like to pay to use
> the data under another license. E.g. to use printed maps in a book
> without worrying about Share Aliking the rest of the book.

That would _probably_ qualify as a Collective rather than a Derived
work. But I do agree with your general point. The OSM licence as writ
means there are plenty of circumstances in which it's more attractive
for people to give their money to the Ordnance Survey than to OSM.

(Suggest follow-ups on that point to legal-talk, or alternatively, to
2pm on Saturday afternoon. ;) )

cheers
Richard