[OSM-legal-talk] Possible donation - legal costs

Richard Thurbin richard at cloudamber.com
Wed Jul 18 12:48:30 BST 2007

Following on from my introduction to the 'talk' list I would like to
elaborate on my offer of a donation.

Currently our mapping data comes from NAVTEQ. Cloud Amber would like to use
this base data set of 'trusted' roads and streets and enhance it with
additional data sets from OpenStreetMap.

The data we are looking to enhance it with includes:
- Points of interest (cash machines, cycle racks, car parks, taxi ranks etc)
- Restrictions (narrow, low bridge, 7.5T etc)
- Access (step free, low curbs, ramp access etc)
- Safety (accident black spots, cameras, daylight hours only etc)

With the data sets combined, Cloud Amber would then produce printed and web
based maps and may also do additional processing of the data sets to further
refine and improve the information we present.

I think there is a discussion already going post the conference regarding
the licence issues that Peter Miller cc'd me in on and it looks like you are
already covering it (Question 1 - Two Data Sets).

To this end Cloud Amber would like to offer up to £2,000.00GBP (ex VAT) to
help with the legal costs associated with resolving this issue. With this
issue resolved, Cloud Amber would be able to further sponsor developments to
the project to help with the management of additional data sets.

Any questions drop me a line.

--
Richard Thurbin   www.cloudamber.com   07917 704 145