[OSM-legal-talk] Rules for the foundation to hold data assigned to it under

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Jul 19 15:35:05 BST 2007

Hi,

> Obviously numbers and wording above can be tweaked, but I think we do
> need a way to modify the rules without asking all past contributors
> again. The "current contributors" concept may be useful elsewhere.
> Also
> we might like to exclude people who have vandalised the data from it -
> perhaps we need rules for booting people out of the project.

Yeah, in the US they have enjoyed years of democracy by tweaking who
was allowed to vote ;-)

Honestly - don't you see where you are going here? Who is going to
define what constitutes vandalism? Who has the say over which kinds
of contributions are valued high enough to gain the contributor a
voting right and which are trivial?

Down that route lies nothing but trouble.