[OSM-legal-talk] Rules for the foundation to hold data assigned to it under

tim chippy2005 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 13:13:01 BST 2007

I'm also a bit perplexed!. but I think we are thinking within already
existing frameworks, why don't we take it upon ourselves to define a
situation where all conditions are met?

I think everyone who creates part of the map:
Wants, free to use data
Wants, attribution
Would be nice, something coming back
We should be thinking in new ways for these rules (call it the Chip
Licence if you want!)

But my main point, is that soon, OSM will have more users of the data
than map contributors (i.e. GIS users in councils using osm as their
road layer), the foundation, and talk of data licences are being
focused from the point of view of the makers, the early
pioneers....the project will overtake these pioneers soon, so we
should look to the future where its how someone can use the data, and
how another can maintain the data that's the key thing.