[OSM-legal-talk] Is the "data share-alike" road navigable?

Thu Mar 8 13:41:12 GMT 2007

SteveC wrote:

> So what do you define as source material? Presumably not the
> illustrator file?

Entirely our decision how we'd define this in the licence!

The GPL says "corresponding machine-readable source code". We could
perhaps say something like "any commonly accepted format for data
interchange", which for geodata might be shapefiles, .osm or even a
CSV of lats and longs.

As ever, it's up to the licensor (us) to set the terms and the
licensee (cartographer) to comply with them.

cheers
Richard