[OSM-legal-talk] Licensing Scenario - not theoretical

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Mar 15 16:26:47 GMT 2007

Hi,

> In practice I personally would like to waive my copyright on stuff
> (make it PD/whatever) I add to OSM, though I can't see any option to
> do this.

OSM doesn't provide such an option (and it would be difficult to sort
out the rights situation once somebody edits your PD data using a SA
license!). But some people have at least stated their intentions by
adding the PD-user template on their personal Wiki pages:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Category:Users_whose_contributions_are_in_the_public_domain