[OSM-legal-talk] Cuts both ways.

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Mar 16 20:04:02 GMT 2007

Hi,

> If I geolocate against OSM data then according to licence page the
> resulting re-projected data must be released under the same licence as
> OSM (or similar).

Only *if* it is published at all does it have to be released unter CC-
BY-SA. If you, and/or the original owner, keep them to yourselves,
that's perfectly ok.

> Actually, in practice I'm going to JFDI and intentionally violate the
> license for the OSM (and only the OSM). But ... think what it would
> look like if OSM (as would be within their right) tried to see me in
> court!

As it currently seems, the case would be lost from day one since you
don't extract a significant amount of data from our "database", and
so the EU database right doesn't apply, and data is free anyway.

Go ahead  ;-)

Bye
Frederik