[OSM-legal-talk] Merano Italy will be donating their data! CC-by-SA and donated data?

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 11:47:17 GMT 2007

> Obviously imported data sets are a special case, but in general I think
> the preferred solution should be some way in which the attribution can
> be to the project rather than hundreds or thousands of individuals.

Yes.I think there are two issues, that I may have muddled up. One is for "usual" contributors, who are creating OSM data from their own surveys.

The more presssing issue for me is existing data sets made available for OSM through a CC-by-SA license. Where is this attribution made?
Is a statement in the wiki and a special user in the db enough?