[OSM-legal-talk] Merano Italy will be donating their data! CC-by-SA and donated data?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Oct 30 12:07:21 GMT 2007

In message <772194.23257.qm at web30808.mail.mud.yahoo.com>
        Mikel Maron <mikel_maron at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The more presssing issue for me is existing data sets made available
> for OSM through a CC-by-SA license. Where is this attribution made?
> Is a statement in the wiki and a special user in the db enough?

Well it isn't, and I don't believe we have any solution for such
situations at the moment which is part of why the Canadian data has
not been loaded yet.

I believe that the AND situation is more complicated, and that they
gave it to use and agreed that we could license it on an SA basis
rather than them licensing it to us (or rather to the world in
general) on an SA basis and us then choosing to import it.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/