[OSM-legal-talk] Buildings : Tracing or copying ?

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Thu Aug 21 18:13:07 BST 2008

El Jueves, 21 de Agosto de 2008, Nic Roets escribió:
> If an architect designed a unique shape for a building, can we be sued
> for tracing that building from Y! images ?
>
> My opinion : No, it's fair use / fair trade.

Under spanish legislation, a work of art displayed in the public way has no
copyright protection whatsoever.

--

The bone-chilling scream split the warm summer night in two, the first
half being before the scream when it was fairly balmy and calm and
pleasant, the second half still balmy and quite pleasant for those who
hadn't heard the scream at all, but not calm or balmy or even very nice
for those who did hear the scream, discounting the little period of time
during the actual scream itself when your ears might have been hearing it
but your brain wasn't reacting yet to let you know.
		-- Winning sentence, 1986 Bulwer-Lytton bad fiction contest.