[OSM-legal-talk] OSM Data in a database

fx5900 luong8201 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 25 17:44:38 BST 2008

Hi guys,

    I would like to store this map which i have taken from OSM site which
can be seen via clicking the download link www.megaupload.com/?d=5Y58619K
and store its information such as the names of places, road names,
cor-ordinates etc in a database. Then create an application similar to that
of google map(scaled down ofcourse) that queries the database  in such as
way that if i type Great Portland Street, in a search bar the map will then
be shown with a pointer indicating where Great Portland stree is.

Now what i would like to know is after i have decided on what i want to
store, how do i go about storing this. I also have POST GIS/POSTGRES db as
well on my system and Python 2.5. Can somebody suggest a way of doing so
thanks

Chers