[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] Progressing OSM to a new data Licence regime

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Mon Feb 4 13:27:26 GMT 2008

On 4 Feb 2008, at 13:24, David Earl wrote:

> On 04/02/2008 10:41, SteveC wrote:
>> 	• Stage 4 - Remove all data from those who do not respond or
>> respond  negatively (the hard bit)
>
> Steve,

First, as the email said twice, please don't cc talk.

> how do we avoid the situation where e.g. someone who disagrees the
> new license has run a bot over all of Cambridge to tweak things (as
> has indeed
> happened to many of the ways) or who has 'tidied up' bits of my
> mapping so all my surveying is now labelled with their name. Does
> all of my mapping of Cambridge get deleted because someone has later
> modified my work in a trivial way? (Conversely, can I just select a
> big area, and add a new tag to transfer the data to my name and
> cause someone who doesn't agree the new license to be retained?)

It would have to be a clean chain of all editors agreeing, and the
last timewise editor to disagree is the edit (and those thereafter)
that would be thrown away.

But it's slightly hypothetical at this stage as we have to clear
stages 1-3.

have fun,