[OSM-legal-talk] Deconstructing the "loss of data" claim

bvh bvh-osm at irule.be
Wed Feb 20 15:04:31 GMT 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 02:26:57PM +0100, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> I thought he was referring to situations where something could easily
> have been accurately mapped but the mapper willingly introduced an error
> or inaccuracy that he would not normally have put there. Someone else
> said "watermarking", that kind of thing.

We can never exclude that kind of thing. Person X is fed up
about traffic passing his house : just delete that road on
OSM.

What I think we can agree on is that is not the policy and
intent of the OSM project to do these kind of things, but that
at the same time be honest about the fact that we have little
leverage over our contributors to actually follow that intent
or policy.

cu bart