[OSM-legal-talk] License Change Status?

Tue Jul 1 16:27:22 BST 2008

Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:

> At least that was the idea when the ODbL and OFIL licenses came along. I'm
> eager to review the modifications and changes done to those licenses.

...which I hope should be at SOTM at the very latest!

With particular relevance to this question, there is a new section 4.7:

4.7 "Reverse Engineering". For the avoidance of doubt, Using the whole
or a Substantial part of the Data to produce a work (a "produced
work"), and then re-creating the whole or a Substantial part of the
Data from the produced work comes under the terms of this Licence.

On a wider note, I don't intend to stand for reelection to OSMF this
summer, and it would be great if one or two people with the energy to
take this forward were to present themselves for election.

cheers
Richard