[OSM-legal-talk] New license: What is publication/distribution?

Kari Pihkala kari.pihkala at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 08:05:09 BST 2008

I had a look at the Use Cases at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Open_Data_License and most of them
are very traditional - printing a map/book, TV, DVD and a map on a web page.
What about modern use cases, mainly web-based mashups??

I added a use case for photo geotagging (ala Flickr), blog geotagging,
microblogging and wikipedia.  Also, embedding coordinates in urls and as
hCard metadata. Have a look at them. Does the new license allow these? How
should OSM be attributed?

BTW - The Open_Data_License page is referring a lot to some sections (4.4,
4.4c..) - are those sections in the new license, and where can they been
seen?

BR,
Kari