[OSM-legal-talk] Paid services from OSM

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Oct 9 00:29:31 BST 2008

Hi,

Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:
>> *or* provide documentation that
>> explains how you created the database using publicly available tools
>> from publicly available sources.
>
> -1, redundant.
>
> If you *just* used publicly available sources, other users can already extract
> data from those sources - there is no obligation for you.

Not sure... what if the tools to perform the extraction are publicly
available but creating the extract takes a lot of resources (say, a 64
GB RAM machine running for a week to do the extract). Would people not
come to me and request that I make my extract available to them because
they can't be bothered to go through the steps for creating it themselves?

Bye
Frederik