[OSM-legal-talk] Licence brief/Use Case - final callfor comments

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 14 13:01:25 BST 2008

Frederik Ramm wrote:
>Sent: 14 October 2008 12:55 PM
>To: Licensing and other legal discussions.
>Subject: Re: [OSM-legal-talk] Licence brief/Use Case - final callfor
>comments
>
>Andy,
>
>Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) wrote:
>> You are already aware that the OSMF has an ongoing project in this
>respect
>> and SteveC posted an update on progress only two days ago. Most of what
>you
>> are suggesting above is already in our implementation plan.
>
>Can I suggest that the Foundation publish their plan to avoid double and
>triple work. I had until now concluded from the relative lack of
>communications on the part of the Foundation that there isn't a real
>plan and was therefore quite happy for someone (Peter) to show some
>initiative. (Indeed I assumed that the Foundation would be happy as well
>- the Foundation didn't give the impression of embracing the topic at
>all so I figured they might be relieved to have Peter do it.) Apologies
>if I misjudged the Foundation's work - it wouldn't hurt if the
>Foundation not only worked hard but also talked about it ;-)
>
>Does the Foundation's plan have any sort of dates put to it, or any
>timeframe at all, or is it more or less "it takes as long as it takes"?

OSMF agreed previously to set a target deadline for implementation by
Christmas. The problems surrounding the legal review that Steve posted about
has probably caused a bit of a hiccup on that timeline but if it's possible
to speed up later events we should.

Better communication on the matter is something we are all working at :-)

Cheers

Andy