[OSM-legal-talk] Licence brief/Use Case - final call forcomments

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Wed Oct 15 12:06:46 BST 2008

I agree. Would you like to propose the wording? (and anyone else for that
matter). In the case of the map in the newsletter there should possibly be
two different use cases not one. One where standard OSM data is being used,
and another where a Derivative Database is used containing additional or
changed data. In the first case nothing no DB needs to be published, in the
second it does. Possibly the first use case is a map of a village as
currently in the OSM DB, for the second it is the village with a proposed
Bypass included and some minor roads diverted etc. This would need to be
described in a fork of the DB and then either a differential DB would need
to be published, or a copy of the full dataset for the fork along with the
map in the newsletter.

Regards,

Peter