[OSM-legal-talk] Contact Info For Tom Hughes Regarding Public Domain Mailing List

Wed Oct 22 10:32:51 BST 2008

Liz wrote:

> I don't want PD for my data because then I can see the company like
> Garmin
> freely using it to update their maps and still charging me for my
> data.

But this is what I never get when people wheel out the old canard of
"the tragedy of the commons". These days, the commons is infinite. You
still have your data. You still own your data. Garmin won't be
charging you for your data - you no longer need it, because you have
your own.

cheers
Richard