[OSM-legal-talk] Understanding the new license - room for negotiation?

Fri Oct 31 17:46:19 GMT 2008

Sunburned Surveyor wrote:

> Does the new license ever require my company to release the land use
> polygon data in the above scenario?

No.

> In essence my company would be "dual licensing" the road centerline
> data.

Indeed. Lots of us already dual-license our contributions to OSM:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/
Category:Users_whose_contributions_are_in_the_public_domain

and I believe the plan is that this informal wiki scheme will be
formalised when the new licence is live.

cheers
Richard