[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-dev] Bittorrent

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Apr 19 15:53:18 BST 2009

Hi,

Greg Troxel wrote:

> Of course I could join legal, but I think it's probably good for the
> health of the project for everyone to see an abstract.

I agree that this would be good but it would need a very balanced and
unbiased person to write it, because the role of "writer of abstracts to
the masses" carries quite some political power.

It would be relatively easy to find some people to summarize the status
quo as "ODbL introduction is going along nicely, slowed down a bit but
basically proceeding to plan, everyone does their bit and we're moving
in the right direction, great people doing an awesome job", and it would
be equally easy to find people summarizing the status quo as "major
showstoppers still unclear and likely to remain so, legal opinion split,
ODbL dead in the water".

The difficulty is finding out which of these descriptions is true, or
more likely, where in between these two reality lies...

Bye
Frederik