[OSM-legal-talk] Open Data Licence (Re: 23rd Dec board meeting)

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Sun Jan 25 16:16:42 GMT 2009

On 25 Jan 2009, at 12:00, Richard Fairhurst wrote:

> sward wrote:
>> By having a closed development process, and publishing drafts
>> for review, OSMF have forced the process to involve rounds
>> of consultation.
>
> It's not OSMF's licence. It is a third-party licence which OSM is
> considering and on which OSMF has sponsored some work. To my knowledge
> Jordan has always been very willing to receive comments and
> suggestions.

Not true. It was the case with our earlier legal review which was
welcomed and to which he responded and requested further comments.
After a few months of no information from the board I emailed him
again and requested a copy of the legal text. I got the following
reply on the 8th Jan 09:

"Hi Peter,

"Thanks for your email.  I am working exclusively with Steve, Andy,
and Richard on my contributions.  Any update will be available through
them.

"~Jordan

If that is news to you as well Richard, then I am really confused.

Regards,

Peter