[OSM-legal-talk] Privacy and Terms

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Thu Jul 2 13:20:08 BST 2009

I think if your planned licence change requires people to agree to
these very lengthy and legalistic 'terms and conditions' then it's an
indication that you are doing something wrong.

As far as I can tell Wikipedia doesn't have 'terms and conditions' on
the website, despite being equally dependent on user contributions and
with more scope for legal risk from libel, offensive content and so
on.

There is no reason anyone should have to 'agree' to anything in order
to browse the website and look at the map, and if they wish to upload
data to OSM, they only need agree to license it under the correct
terms.

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>