[OSM-legal-talk] signup notice

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 01:51:30 BST 2009

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Ulf Möller<usenet at ulfm.de> wrote:
> Stefan Baebler schrieb:
>
>> the "all data created by use of any tools which connect to
>> openstreetmap.org"  part can be problematic, as my browser connects to
>> openstreetmap.org. Heck, my computer and router also connect there,
>> and so does my phone and so does my ISP and my email provider
>> occasionally.
>
> The LWG discussed this in tonight's call. We'll need a different signup
> notice with the ODbL, but for now we'd suggest to change the wording as
> follows:
>
> "By creating an account, you agree that all data you submit to the
> Openstreetmap project is to be (non-exclusively) licensed under this
> Creative Commons license (by-sa)."

The notice got changed to this:

http://trac.openstreetmap.org/changeset/15958

or:

"""
By creating an account, you agree that all data you submit to the
Openstreetmap project is to be (non-exclusively) licensed under <a
href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/">this Creative
Commons license (by-sa)</a>
"""

Can I please change it to:

"""
By creating an account, you agree that all data you submit to the
Openstreetmap project is to be (non-exclusively) licensed under <a
href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/">the Creative
Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 license</a>
"""

Every time you make the anchor text of a hyperlink refer to the link
itself a HTML fairy dies.