[OSM-legal-talk] OSM data grant

Russ Nelson russ at cloudmade.com
Thu Jun 18 15:41:23 BST 2009

On Jun 17, 2009, at 10:45 AM, Marc Roussel wrote:

> Hi,
> i'm consultant in GIS and cartography domain. Can i use OSM shape
> data for my work?
>  I make and sell digital maps, and i sell may compositions in raster
> format.
>  My end product is an elaboration  datas, vector + raster.
> My question is if i can use OSM shape data for sale my etaboration
> rasters maps.

Yes, but your result has to be licensed under the CC-By-SA, which
means that in principle, somebody could republish your composition.
In practice, nobody has complained about that.

--
Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog - http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:RussNelson
russ at cloudmade.com - Twitter: Russ_OSM - http://openstreetmap.org/user/RussNelson