[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] License to kill

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 10:54:05 GMT 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 6:51 AM, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net>wrote:

> 80n wrote:
> > I support Frederik's view that the community is the most valuable aspect
> > of OSM.
>
> Um, I'm not arguing against that. All I'm disputing is this silly little
> notion that maps automatically lose all value after a year or two.

Perhaps it's better to look at it the other way round.  How much value does
one map *gain* by being more up to date than another map?

For some uses, like the street map at Charlbury railway station perhaps not
a lot.

For other uses, like how to route around the congestion charging zone in
central London, there's a lot of value gained by being current.