[OSM-legal-talk] Extent of share alike?

David Vaarwerk david at mineraldata.com.au
Tue Nov 3 05:48:41 GMT 2009

Thanks for your all the responses, they do help.

I think keeping the map and the business data separate with a double
license is the best solution as suggested.

So I will have a map with only OSM data, obviously anything I put in will
become
CC. I am happy to share the geographic location (lat. long.) of all
businesses
if OSM wants or can take this info (the obvious problem is space on the
map
and that businesses are constantly moving - updating becomes an issue).

To keep things separate on another web page within the site I will serve
from a
separate database business information (phone number, website, service
etc)
that will have no geographic location information in it. The only overlap
will be a business name. As far as I can see OSM doesn't record the street
address
of cafe's etc only their location.

Thanks

David Vaarwerk