[OSM-legal-talk] decision removing data

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at latuviitta.fi
Fri Aug 6 20:21:59 BST 2010

80n <80n80n at ...> writes:

> So, without your best endeavours, would you agree that these contributors
would naturally introduce some creativeness?  If you have to expend effort to
remove creativity then you have made a pretty good case for the existence of
creativity.  Thank you for your testimony.

Somehow I feel that you did understand what I meant, but I may be wrong. Anyhow,
I apologize, I should have written clearly that I did not really mean they were
creative. They made errors. We learned them and tested them with calibrated test
areas until they could do acceptable work. You can call them contributors, we
called them workers. I suppose our boss would have used trained monkees instead
if she had enough bananas.

I have been doing rather a lot of digitising in my life. I do not consider my
own digitising work as creative, just work. Others can feel in a different way,
I speak for myself. Very similar work (but not as fun) as using a sewing
machine, or welding steel plates, or plowing with a tractor - just try to follow
the lines which you see. I think I would rather go welding now than continue
this thread any longer.

-Jukka-