[OSM-legal-talk] decision removing data

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Fri Aug 6 21:46:15 BST 2010

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010, 80n quoted:
> > I have been leading a team of digitizers tracing features from aerial
> > images. I
> > was doing everything I could to minimize the creative or artistic part of
> > their
> > work. Actually, a quite heavy system of internal and external quality
> > control
> > was there just to make sure that every worker was producing about the
> > same sort
> > of bulk data.

I've missed the original email here

This argument is one of the arguments used in the Australian High(?)Court
decision (over the Yellow Pages directory)

The Yellow Pages had strict criteria of sameness from a list of quality
control measures.
Another argument was that the owner of the Yellow Pages used contractors to
perform the work and was not the owner of the data in the same way as if it
had used employees to complete the work of collecting data for the directory.