[OSM-legal-talk] New phrase in section 2

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Fri Dec 3 00:10:16 GMT 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 6:42 PM, David Groom <reviews at pacific-rim.net> wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Anthony" <osm at inbox.org>
>> I have no idea why it was actually put there, but one positive thing
>> it does (besides nullifying the ODbL) is that it puts us all on an
>> equal footing with OSMF.
>
> Could you :
>
> a) explain the above last paragraph; and
> b) define "us"; is it OSM contributors, OSM data users, or some other "us"

"Us" would be every party that receives a copy of OSM, contributors or
non-contributors.  Under the proposed CT 1.2 (*), everyone who
receives a copy of OSM has the same rights.  OSMF doesn't have special
rights which the rest of "us" don't have.

(*) ...as I last read it.  There have in the past been changes made to
the CT 1.2 without incrementing the version number, so I have no idea
what it *currently* says.