[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] Unsetting CT flag

kevin at cordina.org.uk kevin at cordina.org.uk
Wed Dec 8 08:39:09 GMT 2010

Nice post.  Your comparison with contributions of effort to voluntary organisations is a good one, and has changed my view on the inclusion of a clause that allows the licence to be changed.

With a dose of AGF, and a removal of my lawyer hat, I see the point and that it really should not be an issue for contributors.  You're right, we're giving effort to the project, here it's in the form of information, not helping build a community hall, but that doesn't change the principle.

I still have reservations about whether the change ability means the CTs are compatible with other the licences of other data sources from which data may be sourced, but that is a legal one, not a policy one on which now agree with you.

Kevin