[OSM-legal-talk] Copyright Assignment

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Wed Jan 6 00:41:34 GMT 2010

On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 12:21:41AM +0000, Matt Amos wrote:
> i'm both a producer and a consumer of OSM data. and i do care about
> contributing back, which is why i'm volunteering my time to help
> replace the broken license we currently have with one which works,
> rather than behaving in a derogatory and uncivil manner on the mailing
> lists.

I didn’t detect any uncivility on the part of 80n, and comments like
yours would just worsen any impression of the situation, so please
refrain.

My view on the ODbL is it’s a much better fit.  It’s the contributor
terms that are currently broken and need fixing, otherwise we move from
one broken situation to another just as broken situation.

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall