[OSM-legal-talk] License Cut-over and critical mass

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 10:25:58 BST 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Kai Krueger <kakrueger at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't see a definition (or an attempt of one, or an order of magnitude
> suggestion) of critical mass in that document (or any of the others). So how
> is this detailed with respect to this point? If anyone can point me to
> something concrete of what is or is not acceptable for a changeover
> criterion, I'd be more than happy.

I don't think there's any definition of critical mass, and from what
the LWG were saying at the panel discussion at SOTM I think that's
deliberate and clearly something they've discussed themselves quite
thoroughly.

However, I'd be interested in hearing what you think. Could you put
some numbers on what would make you feel comfortable? I've tried such
an exercise myself (and came to the same conclusions as the LWG in the
end) but that doesn't stop you from having an answer, and it might
help with constructive discussion here.

Cheers,
Andy