[OSM-legal-talk] License Cut-over and critical mass

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Wed Jul 14 11:13:20 BST 2010

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010, Sam Larsen wrote:
> I feel imho that the LWG do represent the vast majority of mappers, care
> about  the project, care about all the hard work that we all have put into
> this, have noted all the concerns that have been raised and will not make
> a decision that will cause too much damage to the project.

This statement has as much basis in fact as my belief that neither the OSMF
nor its LWG have decided on anything except "changing the licence".

I have asked for
(a) the terms of reference of the LWG (not recently, late last year)
and
(b) some idea of what are the parameters which would give this change the "go-
ahead"

When these questions cannot be answered, especially (b) then I assume that no
one knows.

Next question
Is the LWG or the OSMF Board going to make the decision on how many
contributors/ how much data is needed to agree to change over to change to
ODbL?
(Is this question part of the LWG terms of reference, or not?)