[OSM-legal-talk] Relicensing, PD, leverage and petitions

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 14:12:37 BST 2010

On 18 July 2010 23:00, TimSC <mapping at sheerman-chase.org.uk> wrote:
> an amicable arrangement. I am not suggesting backmail! After all, the whole
> point of PD is that people can do what they want with the data.

I fail to see how you can "force" people to dual license as PD, since
you even acknowledge that is the point of PD even if it means the data
becomes licensed at ODBL...

Also this will fail in various regions of the planet, depending on
sources of data and the amount of human resources available, for
example the Nearmap Aerial imagery can only be licensed under a share
alike license, they are also more likely at the current rate to cover
a lot more of Australia than we have human resources on the ground to
do it....