[OSM-legal-talk] License Cut-over and critical mass

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Mon Jul 19 11:07:42 BST 2010

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 06:33:48 +0100, 80n <80n80n at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 9:23 PM, Rob Myers <rob at robmyers.org> wrote:
>
>> On 07/17/2010 04:13 PM, 80n wrote:
>>

>>> What's your source for the assertion that we shouldn't rely on
>>> creativity?
>>>

>> I didn't assert that we *shouldn't*.
>>
>> I know you didn't.  But somebody did.
>
> What's your source for the statement "The outcome wasn't to rely on
> creativity." Who was it who gave this advice?

My source for the fact that creativity is not being relied on is the fact
that the ODbL doesn't rely on it and the ODbL is the currently proposed
replacement licence.

I agree that there must be a reason for this, and that this is relevant to
the discussion, but I do not remember it and I'm not OSMF.

- Rob.