[OSM-legal-talk] Question of derived works of Kosovo Orthophotos

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 7 18:52:40 BST 2010

Hi,

I have an interesting question about copyright in kosovo.

We have a company who has purchased orthophotos of kosovo, which are
very strictly regulated.
here is the law on this :
http://www.kca-ks.org/download/Udhezimet%20Administrative/Serbisht/Administrativno%20Upustvo%20br.%20MJS%202006-09%20za%20odredjivanje%20taksi%20o%20proizvodima%20KKA.pdf

Now, the question is, can we use derived works (traces of streets)
that this company has created and wants to donate to openstreetmap.

The clause that is interesting is this :
2.8 Parties are obligated to print in proper manner the symbol of the author’s
rights of KCA (KCA copyright) in all digital and analogue copies, obtained from
original data and in data derived from them, and products obtained according to
them.

Is there some legal kungfu that we can use to use such data in openstreetmap?

thanks,
mike