[OSM-legal-talk] ODbL Use Case: comparing OSM and proprietary data

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Jun 15 16:12:54 BST 2010

Hi,

Frederik Ramm wrote:
>     assume I have a Navteq data set and want to compare it with OSM, in
> the form of a map image (or tiled OpenLayers Map) where areas are
> coloured red (=Navteq has more roads) or green (=OSM has more roads).

My choice of Navteq was purely for illustration here, and the whole
thing is a thought exercise to find out whether it would be sufficient,
from an ODbL perspective, to release the very last database in my
processing chain, rather than something from earlier on.

I wasn't interested in Navteq licensing terms but in ODbL. Sorry for not
making that clear.

Bye
Frederik