[OSM-legal-talk] [talk] New site about the license change

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Nov 16 22:08:59 GMT 2010

Hi,

Rob Myers wrote:
> As does OSM's existing CC-BY-SA 2.0 licence.

I believe such an upgrade path was how Wikipedia changed from GFDL to
CC-BY-SA, wasn't it? They got the makers of GFDL to release a newer
version of GFDL that would provide an upgrade window.

If Creative Commons had been more friendly towards the data licensing
issue, a similar window could have been opened in a hypothetical
CC-BY-SA 3.1; alas they had their own plans (and saying to them "You
guys have more money than God, and I think you want to own this space,
and I think you're trying to stop dissent from your Vision." when they
popped up here to discuss probably didn't help).

Bye
Frederik