[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] Community vs. Licensing

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Wed Sep 1 09:30:15 BST 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 4:01 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1 September 2010 17:58, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:
>> That you claim that Frederik, or LWG, or OSMF Board are "are trying to
>> speak for both people now and people in the future" in the very same
>> breath is bold.  You know perfectly well that term three gives the
>> decision on future licenses to future OSM active contributors, by 2/3
>> majority vote.
>
> As others have pointed out, OSM-F expects contributors to trust it
> without putting any trust in the contributors...

Still in OppositeLand, JohnSmith?

The OSMF trusts OpenStreetMap contributors.  The OSMF _are_
OpenStreetMap contributors.

The Contributor Terms trust future OSM contributors to make the right
choices for future OSM licenses. Do you trust current and future OSM
contributors JohnSmith?  I think that you have demonstrated that you
do not trust current OSM contributors.  You treat them with what
appears to be contempt.  You won't even provide a bare minimum of
context in your changeset comments for other OSM contributors.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/JohnSmith/edits